Piggyvest is a popular savings and investment platform in Nigeria that offers it’s users multiple savings & investment plans.
These include Target saving, safe lock, piggy bank saving, investify, flex dollar, flex naira and many more. I will be taking about each one of these plans once you continue reading till the end.
I have been making use of Piggyvest since March 2020 for saving and investing money right here in Nigeria.That’s why Piggyvest got mentioned in one of my post titled how to save money.
That post is mainly for those who are finding it very difficult to save money after payday. please do check it out and let me know your opinion via the comment section of that post.
In this article, I will show you all the proofs and evidence of my savings with Piggyvest to back up my dealings with them. But before then, here’s my unbiased, transparent and in-depth piggyvest review in 2020.
Piggyvest (formerly piggybank.ng) is the first online savings & investment app in West Africa that helps you achieve financial freedom by enabling you to save and invest with ease.
Registered by PiggyTech Global Limited with RC number 1405222.
Piggyvest was founded on the 7th of January 2016 under the name piggybank, but only as a savings options.
It was rebranded from piggybank.ng to piggyvest.com on April of 2019 and then began to offer direct investment opportunities to it’s users in addition to savings.
With PiggyVest, you can stop spending excessively and put away (and grow!) funds that you do not want to touch and earn interest on the go.
Piggyvest Review: How it Works
Piggyvest works in the following ways:
1. Save smartly & Responsibly
PiggyVest helps you reach your savings target much faster with various savings products. Plus you can even team up with others to reach joint goals.
2. Reach multiple targets
With Piggyvest, you can set and reach multiple saving goals by using the “Target Savings” feature. You can save for holidays, fees or even special events and so on.
3. Lock funds away
You can easily use the “SafeLock” feature to lock funds away so you don’t have access until your set date, and earn interest on the go.
4. Enjoy quarterly savings
You can join over 100,000 registered Piggyvest users that use the quarterly savings feature called “PiggyBank” to reach your general/personal savings goals more quickly.
You can choose to invest or join other PiggyVest users to co-invest in guaranteed fixed income investments & other amazing projects.
6. Decide on what to invest
Piggyvest allows you to have complete control on the type of investments you want to engage. All opportunities are pre-vetted by PiggyVest.
7. Watch your portfolio grow
You can easily monitor the progress of your investments from your PiggyVest dashboard.
8. Earn money for each friend you invited
Piggyvest allows you to earn a certain percentage of money (commission) for each friend you refer via your referral link.
Piggyvest has two products namely Savings and Investment Products.
Piggyvest savings products
This feature is specifically designed for individuals who wants to save money for a particular reason and earn interest on the go.
You can choose to save periodically (Daily, Weekly or Monthly) towards a specific target OR lock away funds for a specified period of time.
This Piggyvest savings option is made up of 5 features namely:
Safelock allows you to lock away funds you don’t need access to, from your debit card or your piggybank wallet for as little as 10 days or as much as 1000 days, without access to these funds until maturity and earn interest by doing so.
So, if you’re looking for something geared towards the long term, this plan is idea for you.
2. Target Savings
If you’re saving towards a particular goal such as rent or travel, Target Savings is a great option.
Target Savings allows you save towards multiple goals on your own or with a group to make it a fun challenge to smash all your financial goals.
There is no limits on the number of savings groups you can join/create, and no one has access to your funds except you.
3. Flex Dollar
Flex Dollar is a feature that lets you save and grow your wealth in Dollar. You can withdraw in Naira or Dollars.
Withdrawing in Naira will be at the stated parallel market buy rate. When withdrawing in Dollars, the funds are sent to your Dollar-denominated domiciliary bank account.
4. Piggybank Savings/Auto Save
This plan allow for strict saving automatically once it’s being connected to your debit card details. Automate your saving with AutoSave.
Control how you want to save into your Piggybank wallet, be it on a daily, monthly, yearly basis or even customize to your desirable choice.
To keep track, all transactions on your debit card will be visible on your dashboard.
Piggyvest will also send an email receipt to you every single time you save with your card, and your bank will send you an alert as well. It’s 100% secure.
Piggyvest won’t automatically debit your account if you missed any day, week or month and they won’t charge you either.
However, you can make use of the QuickSave option to make up for any lost time.
For example, if you set N1,000 daily and you miss a day or two, you can use the quick save option to deposit N2,000 or N3,000 at once. This is to ensure you meet up with your savings target.
You can add up to N500,000 at once with this option. However, you can add this multiple times in a single day. For instance, if you want to add N1,000,000, you need to add N500,000 twice.
A Flex Naira account is a flexible savings wallet where interests earned on all other PiggyVest wallets are paid.
You earn an interest on funds in your flex account but this is subject to a minimum of 4 withdrawals in a month.
If you withdraw more than 4 times a month from your Flex account, you lose all your accrued interest on your Flex savings for that month.
Piggyvest Investment Products
This product is strictly designed for individuals who are in need of a secured investment opportunity to invest money and earn interest while doing so.
If you’re looking to get started on investments or diversify your portfolio, then pre-vetted, low-risk investment opportunities are regularly available on Investify to help you grow your money.
Investify is a piggyvest feature that allows you to invest in pre-vetted low-medium risk primary and secondary investment opportunities easily with any amount you have. No hidden fees/charges.
Also Read: How to make money through income programs
PiggyPoint is one of the features of piggyvest, designed to reward all active users for saving consistently.
You start to earn points on a daily basis when you choose to save N2,000 or more in your piggybank wallet using either Autosave or Quicksave.
When you gathers enough piggy points you can now convert it to cash in your flex account. PS: 1 piggy points = N10.
Here’s a breakdown of how piggy points works:
- N2000 – N4999 = 1 point
- N5000 – N9999 = 2 points
- N10000 – N49999 = 10 points
- N50000 – N99999 = 25 points
- N100000 and above = 55 points.
Piggyvest Interest Rate
Here are what you stand to benefits when you choose to make piggyvest as your savings and investment app in Nigeria:
1. You earn up to 15.5% interest per annum on any money you have on your SafeLock account
2. You earn up to 25% interest per annum on Investify
3. You earn 10% interest per annum on funds on your piggybank wallet
4. You earn 10% interest per annum on any funds on your Flex account
5. You earn 10% interest per annum on any money you have on your Target savings account.
6. You earn 6% interest per annum on any cash on your Flex Dollar account.
Piggyvest Review in 2020: Legit or Scam?
Piggyvest is a legitimate savings & investment platform in Nigeria which you can use to save and invest funds anywhere you are with the use of your mobile device, and earn interest on the go.
Founded in 2016 and with over 350,000 active users, piggyvest have continued to deliver excellent service to it’s users, by helping them to manage their finances.
As promised, here are some images to prove my dealings with they platform. check iot out below.
Why Choose Piggyvest?
Here are they following reasons why i recommend piggyvest as savings & investment platform:
1. Piggyvest is a registered cooperative platform under piggyTech cooperative multipurpose society limited with a registration number 16555
2. As Piggybank.ng, they operated in partnership with 2 Microfinance banks and used their licenses. However, in early 2018, we acquired Gold Microfinance bank licensed by the central bank of Nigeria (CBN) and its license.
3. Piggyvest uses bank-level security measures to keep your data and information safe.
4. All saved funds are warehoused with and managed by AIICO capital, the leading asset management company in Nigeria, registered and licensed by the securities and exchange commission (SEC).
How to create an account on piggyvest
Follow these steps to sign up on the piggyvest platform:
• Register by clicking on the “create a free account” option.
• Fill in your personal details such as name, Email, phone number etc. And click on “create a free account” to proceed.
• Click on “save” to save your password for easy login or “never” skip to proceed. Your password are saved in your Google account so that you can use them on any device.
• A new page will open where you are required to complete your personal details such as Gender, Year of birth, income range, marital status etc. Once done, click on “proceed”.
• Set your withdrawal bank account such as bank account number and bank name, click on “verify” to proceed.
• Bravo! You have successfully created an account on piggyvest.
How to save & invest money on piggyvest
There is a huge difference between saving and investing. Both saving and investing have their place in your life, but play very different roles.
Here’s how to activate your piggyvest account and start saving money:
1. Select any piggyvest products you found attractive to start your daily, weekly or monthly savings.
2. Enter your debit card details to activate your account and then make your first deposit. (You may use a MasterCard, Visa or Verve card from any bank in Nigeria are accepted).
Please note: Your BVN is required to validate your identity and kick against identity theft. This ensures another level of safety for your funds and transactions.
3. You can choose to save between N50 – N25,000 daily, N1,000 – N100,000 weekly or N3,000 – N500,000 monthly depending on your budget.
To start investing money on piggyvest, follow these steps:
1. Login to your piggyvest account.
2. Click on Investify and browse through any investment opportunity presented to you.
3. Select one or more and enter any amount of your choice.
Piggyvest App (APK) Download
You can successfully login to your piggyvest account through its web portal here. However, if you are an app lover you can download and install the piggyvest app through Google play store or via Apple store for iOS users.
How to withdraw money on your piggyvest wallet
To easily withdraw your funds on the piggyvest platform, follow these steps:
- Login to your piggyvest dashboard
- Click on the “my account” options
- Scroll down and click on the “withdraw” option
- Select which piggyvest packages you want to place a withdrawal
- Verify your bank details, or two to change
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw (You can only withdraw for free only on set Withdrawal dates or you can set your own free withdrawal dates. However, any day outside the Withdrawal days will attract a penalty fee of 2% to 5%).
- Receive your funds not more than 3 working hours.
Please note: Penalty fees are for “Piggybank savings wallet” alone, and are only charged on Non-withdrawal days. This is to promote savings discipline. You can use Flex account to keep funds you want to frequently access anytime.
Piggyvest Contact Details
For more information, issues or support, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with piggyvest team by dialing 0700 933 933 933(Mon-Fri from 9am – 5pm) or you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Abdulrahman Okene Close,
Off Ligali Ayorinde, Victoria Island,
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on Piggyvest
What is Piggyvest?
Piggyvest is a financial services institution in Lagos, and the largest online savings and investment platform in Nigeria that allows you to earn 10 – 15% interest on savings and up to 25% return on investment.
Who Founded Piggyvest?
Piggyvest was founded by 3 men known as Joshua Chibueze, Somto Ifezue and Ofunayo Eweniyi on the 7th of January 2016, and headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria.
Is Piggyvest Legit?
Piggyvest is a legitimate online savings and investment platform in Nigeria, registered under PiggyTech Global Limited with RC number 1405222.
How save is piggyvest?
Piggyvest uses the highest levels of Internet Security, and it is secured by 256 bits SSL security encryption to ensure that your information/data is completely protected from unauthorized access (third party).
How does piggyvest generate revenue?
Piggyvest generate it’s revenue through Asset management, and their revenue margins currently stands between 4 – 7%.
Are there any fees for using the services?
Currently, there are no transaction charges or monthly fee on the piggyvest platform. however, piggyvest reserve the right to change fees for the Services in the future.
Are there any penalty fee or hidden charges while using piggyvest?
Piggyvest offers no hidden charges. All withdrawals are free, but only on your set withdrawal dates.
If you withdraw outside your withdrawal date, you agree that you will be charged a 2.5% penalty fee.
How much can I choose to save on piggyvest?
You can should to save from N50 – N50,000 on a daily basis, N1,000 – N200,000 weekly or N3,000 – N500,000 on a monthly basis.
What is the minimum amount of funds one can invest with?
Investment minimums vary by investment opportunities. So there’s no set minimum amount to invest.
Are there bank charges when piggyvest deduct funds from my account?
No! it’s absolutely free. There are no bank charges for transferring money to your Piggyvest account.
Why do piggyvest request for my Bank Verification Number?
Your BVN is required to validate your identity and kick against identity theft. This ensures another level of safety for your funds and transactions.
It also unlocks other features like transfers from your Flex to another user’s Flex account.
Do I have to login every time I want to save money on Piggyvest?
No, everything is done automatically once you have set up your Autosave, except you want to top up your piggybank savings using the QuickSave option.
Piggyvest Review: My final thoughts
Piggyvest is a secured platform for Nigerians who want to save or invest money any where they are. be it at home, office or work.
If you found this information to be useful please hit the share button so that others can learn. If you have any questions, feel free to let your opinion be known by using the comment section below.