Online Savings and investment platforms in Nigeria: Are they really what people think it is? Or should I just say, Are they safe and secure to invest my money and earn interest on the go?
Maybe a better question is: what is the best online savings and investment platforms in Nigeria to grow your wealth.
In the past, you needed to know a lot about investing to get started. (Or at least you needed enough money to hire someone who knows a lot about investment).
The accuracy and consistency of some investment advisors have always been in question, but we never cared about it much till the time we started having choices.
Thanks to mobile fintech technology, investment platforms have blown up recently, with tons of investment apps in Nigeria coming to the market.
You no longer need to relied on investment advisors or have knowledge of investment to grow your wealth.
You have countless easy ways to invest money, and you can invest on the go using your mobile phone with data connection.
most of this investment platforms in Nigeria also has an App which can be downloaded via Google play store.
By installing any of these online investment apps in Nigeria, you can easily invest in equities, fixed income, agriculture, real estate, shares and Eurobonds with your mobile phone even without any knowledge of investment.
There are a number of leading investment platforms in Nigeria to choose from, all offering something unique in the way of costs and services provided.
But before then, let’s first have a clear understanding of what an investment platforms is all about.
An investment platform is essentially an online service which allows you to buy, sell and hold funds either through its website or via an App. It’s possible for you to do this yourself directly from your phone.
Investment platforms are often referred to as fund supermarkets because they allow you to buy from a range of different products (such as funds, stocks and shares) much like a traditional supermarket sells a range of goods.
Here at financeWithDes, I have compile a list of what I think are the best and most trusted online savings and investment platforms in Nigeria to grow your wealth especially during these Convid-19 period based on research including the ones am making use of.
So they are safe to invest your money, but before you commence your investing journey, it is also advisable to study the company and get more informations on how they operate before using any of these platforms listed below.
Best Online Savings and Investment Platforms in Nigeria that offers huge returns on investment in 2020
Here are they list of all the best online savings and investment platforms in Nigeria that provides safety and protection towards your money:
Sumotrust are fully registered with corporate affairs commission (CAC) with RC Number: 1524989 making it a legal entity.
Sumotrust allows you to earn 10 – 15% interest when you choose to save a little amounts of money periodically (Daily, Weekly or Monthly) towards a specific target OR when you choose to lock away funds for a specified period of time.
There are many types of saving options on the Sumo Trust website which you can choose to commence your savings journey such as:
SumoTrust Savings Option
Instant save/Main savings account
This savings plan is suitable for those who are finding it dificult on how to save money in Nigeria for future use.
In this plan, you can choose to save either on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and earn 10% interest per annum.
Fixed Savings/Investment account
This plan allow you to securely lock away funds for a set period of time (up to 365) and earn up to 15% interest per annum, usually paid up front. You can fix save any amount.
Missions Savings account
With mission Saving, you are allowed to save consistently towards a particular financial goals such as rent, starting a business, vacation, vehicle purchase and so on, until amount is raised. You also earn 10% interest per annum while doing so.
How safe/secured is SumoTech platform?
SumoTech is built with the financial security of users in mind and because of that, all customers’ financial information is encrypted and securely stored to PCI DSS Level 1 compliant standards.
Additionally, all transmission to their banking partner and on SumoTrust website is via an encrypted 256-bit HTTPS SSL connection, making accessing our website very secure to use.
How to register
To get started, follow these steps:
2. Fill in your personal details such as your name, email address and phone number.
3. Verify your account by clicking on the confirmation link sent to your email account.
3. Set up your withdrawal account details where the money you withdraw will be sent to.
4. Save your first amount (as little as N100). (Use your Visa, Verve, MasterCard, etc from any bank in your country).
5. Now, choose any of the savings options you preferred to start your daily, weekly or monthly savings.
6. Set your withdrawal date or leave it to use any of the free withdrawal dates from SumoTrust.
PS: In cases where you miss a saving due to insufficient balance in your account, you can IntantSave the amount missed the previous day to make it up and reach your savings goal faster.
With PiggyVest, you can stop spending excessively and put away (and grow!) funds that you do not want to touch.
You can choose to save little amounts of money periodically (Daily, Weekly or Monthly) towards a specific target OR lock away funds for a specified period of time and earn interest on the go.
Piggyvest takes away the stress by combining simplicity, discipline, convenience, and flexibility to enable you to manage your finances better and achieve true financial freedom.
I have being making use of piggyvest savings and investment platform since March of this year to save and grow my funds. You too can do the same.
Piggyvest savings/investment options
There are 3 main savings/investment packages on the piggyvest platforms namely:
Safelock is a fixed savings option that allows you to set money aside for a fixed period of time without having access to it until maturity and earn up to 15.5% per annum, usually paid up front.
Your Safelock acts as your sub-account so that you can transfer and lock funds from your Piggybank wallet or your debit card for at least 10 days, without access to these funds until maturity.
The SafeLock feature is one step further towards curbing the temptation to touch money that you have put aside as your savings.
If you are having difficulty on how to save money for future use such as to buy a car, house, plan for vacation, take care of bills, plan for marriage, pay for school fees, than piggybank wallet is right for you.
The piggybank option will automatically removed a set amount of money from your bank account as scheduled by you and put it in your piggyvest piggybank wallet for save keeping thus helping curb the temptation of spending money on impulse.
Investify is an investment option that allows you to invest in pre-vetted low-medium risk primary and secondary investment opportunities, or to co-invest in guaranteed fixed income investment and other amazing projects easily with any amount you have.
You have complete control on the type of investments you want to engage. You can Invest in various industries such as fixed income instruments, agriculture, real estate, transportation, etc. All opportunities are pre-vetted by PiggyVest.
Flex Dollar is a new feature on the piggyvest App/website that let’s you save, invest and transfer funds in Dollars and earn up to 6% interest per annum.
Flex dollar investment products focus on capital preservation while providing income and asset class diversification.
Flex Dollar funds are invested in dollar fixed term investments with Anchoria Asset Management, a division of VFD group. Anchoria Asset Management is licensed by The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Nigeria.
You decide to transfer, withdraw in dollars or even convert back to your naira account at your own convenience.
How to register
- Fill in your bank account/debit card details to activate your piggyvest account.
- Make your first deposit (minimum N100, maximum ) using either a Master card, Visa or Verve card from any bank in Nigeria.
- You may now proceed to use any of the Piggyvest Savings Plans to start your daily, weekly or monthly savings or begin your investment journey through INVESTIFY.
Thrive Agric is one of the best agricultural investment platforms in Nigeria that offers a lot of opportunities for you to fund a farmer, stay in touch with the progress on farm activities with regular and detailed updates as well as earn a profit at the end of the farm cycle. all can be done from the comfort of your home, office or work with only your mobile phone.
Founded by Uka Eje and headquartered in Abuja, Thrive Agric is duly registered with the cooperate affairs commission(CAC) with RC Number: 1416843. Participants who indicate interest on the platform choose to fund a farm(s).
When you create an account on Thriveagric, you will get updates on the farming process, each farm (Maize, Soyabeans, sorghum, rice for crop operations as well as cattle and goat for livestock) has an amount needed for funding, the possible yields or return of investment (ROI), and the time duration till harvest. However, if unsuccessful, all they investors will receive their capital back subject to the insurance coverage.
Recently, I started making use of thrive Agric to invest and grow my money and it has been working great for me. You too can do the same.
Is my money on ThriveAgric secured?
Yes your money is secured. All the investment options on the thrive agric website are fully insured by LeadWay Assurance.
Therefore in the event that something remotely goes wrong with their harvest, which has historically not been the case, your capital is insured, there is nothing to worry about
Can I visit the farm?
Yes, and that’s because Thrive Agric loves a transparent process that keeps you at the heart of their entire process.
Request for a farm visit by sending a 1 week notice to Thrive Agric via email at email@example.com and they will put together a worthwhile farm visit experience, for you.
How do I pay for a farm?
After selecting your preferred farm and adding it to your cart, proceed to pay for the farm. Thrive Agric have multiple payment options to cater to your needs. You can either pay with bank, card, USSD, bank transfer, or from your favorite bank apps.
How to register
- Click on the “sign up” button to easily take you to the registration page.
- Fill in your unique personal details.
- An authentication email will be sent to your specified email address, confirm your email address by clicking the link on the authentication mail you receive.
- Congratulations, you have successfully created an account on Thriveagric.com
Payfarmer is a reliable, trustworthy, and no.1 Agric-tech investment platforms in Nigeria that connects investors who are ready to sponsor a farm to local farmers who are ready to farm on a commercial scale to increase food production.
Payfarmer empower the rural farmer by providing access to improved resources (inclusive of Farm inputs, training on best farming techniques, sales of farm produce for higher value) to boost the quality and quantity of their food production and also provide a healthy profit after harvest for both farmer and sponsor(investors).
How Payfarmer works
- Visit the Payfarmer website to create your own personalised Payfarmer profile, you then select a farm of choice to sponsor.
- You sponsor the farm, and at the end of the farm cycle stipulated, you will receive a percentage of the profit after the sales of harvest and also your initial sponsorship capital.
- Payfarmer will also send you a “Farm Allocation Email” immediately you sponsored a farm, which acknowledges receipt of sponsorship of the farm, the location of the farm you sponsored, the farm cycle tenure and the end date of your farm cycle.
- On a periodic basis, you will receive farm updates which keeps you abreast of all activities on your farm, from the beginning to the end of the farm cycle.
- Payfarmer has provided insurance cover for all existing farm projects, so that in the event of unforeseen circumstances, the sponsor’s capital can be refunded.
How to register
- Visit the payfarmer website and click on the sign up button.
- Fill in your personal details (name, email address, phone number).
- An authentication email will be sent to your email account to prove that you are the owner of the account.
- Login to your email account, confirm your email account, and automatically you get a Payfarmer Profile Page to start investing and making money.
- Select any farm you wish to sponsor, deposit funds, relax and watch your interest grows, withdraw your earnings at the end of the agreed tenure.
Cowrywise is an online savings/ investment platforms in Nigeria that enables you to plan, save and invest money, and earn interest on the go with your mobile phone.
Headquartered in Lagos Nigeria, Cowrywise.com is a property of CowryWise financial technology limited, a company duly registered with CAC with RC number 141986.
There are many types of savings/investment plan on the cowrywise app namely:
With this, you can set your savings plan to be daily, weekly or monthly for a minimum of 3 months.
You need only to specify this once during the setting up of your plan and Cowrywise will ensure this money is saved automatically on those specified days into your Cowrywise savings plan.
You can also choose to manually top up your savings plan randomly with other amounts outside the automated scheduled amount.
These plans help you meet commitments to long term financial goals. These are similar to periodic plans but they have a minimum maturity period of 1 year.
These are for Muslims who don’t want to earn interest on their savings.
They can be set up as periodic plans, life goals, save as you earn plans or fixed plan; but they won’t attract any form of interest.
These plan are for those who are looking to diversify their portfolio by investing in mutual funds that matches their financial goals and risk appetite from top investment firms in Nigeria.
How to register
- Click on “create an account” to register.
- Fill in your personal details (name, emails, bank details, BVN)
- Select any of the cowrywise savings plan to commence your savings journey and earn 10 – 12% interest per annum.
- To invest in mutual funds, you’ll need to take a short risk assessment test in other to show you funds you can Invest in and earn huge returns on your investment.
Rise.capital is an online investment platforms in Nigeria registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission with RC Number: 1622382. and holds users investments through its Cooperative License Number: 17080.
Rise gives you access to the best dollar denominated investment opportunities in the world to invest into and earn huge returns on your investment.
As Rise learns more about your investment habits, the app will send you a customised mix of opportunities to make your investing easier and more precise.
You’ll also be able to get up-to-date investment information based on Rise research and free money advice through the Rise Investment Club.
Rise Investment Platforms
There are 3 main investment plans on the Rise platform which you can invest into and earn huge returns on investment namely:
Eurobonds is a dollar denominated fixed income securities with stable returns. By investing in eurobonds on the Rise app, you earn 10 – 12% returns per annum.
Eurobonds are ideal for conservative investors who want to protect their money and earn a steady income from their investment.
Eurobonds are low-risk and have predictable returns. You don’t have to worry about inflation or devaluation impacting your income stream.
US Stocks Index
US stocks index is a medium risk investment plan on the Rise app.
By installing and creating an account on the Rise app, you can invest in a portfolio of 30 high-growth US stocks and earn 12 – 13% interest per annum.
You can invest and own stakes in popular companies like Google, Alibaba and Facebook, Microsoft, PayPal etc.
US Real Estate
Investing in real estate is a huge and lucrative business opportunity one can do an earn huge returns on investment.
By installing the Rise app you can invest in a portfolio of rented buildings across the US with as low as low $10, get returns (13% – 15%) in dollar through rent and capital appreciation.
Why should I invest in dollars?
According to Rise website,”The Naira loses value every year due to a very high inflation rate. Additionally, naira is devalued from time to time by the central bank.
These two things makes naira a poor vehicle for your long term investments as most naira investments are not earning enough returns to beat inflation in the short term and most returns from the ones that do are slashed by devaluations.
Investing in dollars allows you to have the security of an appreciating currency, and your returns are real, and only increase over time.
But more than this, Rise invests in global assets which represent larger growth, more diverse opportunities, better liquidity and most importantly, better returns”.
How to Register
- Visit Rise website at Rise.capital or download the Rise app.
- Create an account.
- Choose the kind of investment you’re interested in, how much you want to invest, and how often.
- Rise will then automatically debit your naira account, convert your money to dollars at the current market rate and invest it based on your previous choices.
- Sit back and watch your long term returns grows and withdraw or reinvest them to keep growing your money.
Payvest is an online investment features on the carbon loan app that helps you to securely invest your funds in a fixed, one time or periodic investment plan and earn up to 16% interest per annum.
Carbon is a loan lending platforms in Nigeria provided by One Finance & Investments Limited (RC 1044655), licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to provide financial services to the Nigerian populace.
To help you focus on building wealth by earning great returns on your money, Carbon formerly Paylater have created PayVest: a fixed-interest investment platforms in Nigeria.
PayVest provides the flexibility, convenience and stability you need, at one of the best interest rates(up to 16.5% interest in a fixed plan and 14% in a periodic plan) you’ll find available, anywhere.
How to register
- Visit carbon website at getcarbon.co
- Download the carbon app
- Register by creating an account
- Click on investment and locate payvest
- Select any of your desire investment plan
- Deposit funds and watch your interest grows
- Withdraw or reinvest to grow your funds.
8. Wealth Ng
Wealth Ng is one of the best investment platforms in Nigeria and Nigeria’s first investment marketplace that makes it easy for you to invest money in Treasury bills, mutual funds, stocks, agriculture and real estate with competitive returns, across a wide range of asset classes.
You can manage and keep track of all your investment in real time and see how much interest you will get when your investment matures.
Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria. Wealth.ng is a product of WealthTech limited, a subsidiary of Sankore investment limited with RC number 1547536. Registered with the corporate affairs commission and Regulated by the securities and exchange commission.
How to register
- Visit wealth.ng website and click on “get started” to create an account.
- Fill in your personal details such as your name, email, phone number etc.
- Accept it’s terms and conditions, and click on “sign up”.
- Proceed to “investment” on the side navigation to find the products you want to invest in.
- Click on “Buy” to add it to your cart. You can then go to your cart and checkout(deposit funds).
- To sell a product you already own, go to the “My Portfolio” tab under investments, click on the product to view its detail page.
- It’s “Sell” or “Liquidate” button will be active if it is a product you can sell. Click on the “Sell” button and it will be added to your cart. Then go to your cart and checkout to complete the transaction.
Crowdyvest is an impact driven online savings and investment platform in Nigeria that allows you to save, sponsor and earn from various impact-driven projects in a wide range of sectors like agriculture, transportation, real estate and more, and earn interest on the go.
Crowdyvest Savings and Investment Plans
Crowdyvest has three plans one can choose and grow his funds namely:
This plan allows you to grow your wealth by sponsoring high impact causes in a wide range of sectors like agriculture, health care, real estate, transportation etc and earn interest at the end of the tenure.
CVquity is an initiative of Crowdyvest targeted at increasing the operational capacity of SMEs through providing access to funding to aid their CAPEX and/or Working Capital needs while also providing Investors with a large array of investment options.
Difference between Crowdyvest and CVquity
Crowdyvest is a crowdfunding company that allows you to sponsor impact driven projects targeted at making impact with exciting returns offer paid at the end of the sponsorship period.
CVquity allows you to invest in start-ups directly with the option to convert your investment into shares in the sponsored company at the end of a contractual period.
How to register
- Visit crowdyvest.com and click on Register to create an account.
- Fill in your personal details and verify your email address or you can sign up using your Facebook, LinkedIn or Google accounts.
- Once you are logged in, choose any of the crowdyvest plan and start exploring it.
- Deposit funds and watch your interest grows, at the end of the tenure you can than withdraw your money or reinvest to grow your funds.
I-Invest is an investment platforms in Nigeria owned and controlled by Sterling bank in partnership with Parthian partners.
I-Invest was designed to encourage people to build a savings and investment culture. By investing in Treasury Bills, Eurobonds, and other fixed income products and earn interest + capital at the end of the tenure.
You can also monitor the growth of your investment in real-time and liquidate your investments at any time into your cash wallet.
Simply put, I-Invest gives you an access to grow your income with fixed income investments and make more money.
Requirements before opening an I-Invest account
Here are they following requirements needed before opening an account on I-Invest:
- Phone number linked to your bank account.
- Bank Verification Number (BVN).
- Utility bills.
- Valid means of identification (National identity card, drivers license, voters card or international passport).
How to register
- Visit I-Invest website to create an account.
- Fill in your personal details and upload your requirements.
- Once logged in, select from the list of available securities.
- Enter amount to invest and confirm transaction.
- Relax and watch your interest grows.
- Withdraw your money or reinvest to grow your funds.
PS: Kindly note that the minimum you can invest is N50,000.
Frequently ask questions on online savings and investment platforms in Nigeria
What is the best savings and investment platforms in Nigeria?
All the platforms listed in this article are all considered to be one of the, if not the best online savings and investment platforms in Nigeria one can invest into and earn huge returns on investment.
Are my returns guaranteed?
Only Fixed Income returns are guaranteed. The rest have various risk levels attached just like all investments, which means they may go up or down in the short term but will earn their returns in the long term.
Is my money insured why using any of these investment platforms in Nigeria?
All they investment platforms listed in this article are insured by the cooperate affairs commission and regulated by the security and exchange commission. So that in the event of unforeseen circumstances, the investors capital can be refunded. The insurance covers only the initial investors capital, it does not cover the returns after harvest.
What assets can I invest in when using any of these investment platforms in Nigeria
Most of these investment platforms allows you to invest in fixed deposit, stocks, agriculture, real estate, mutual funds, bonds, transportation and so on with the use of your mobile phone anywhere you are be it at home, office or work.
Are my personal details secured when using any of these investment platforms in Nigeria?
All they online savings and investment platforms listed in this article was built with the security of your payment and other personal details in mind. Critical customer data is encrypted and securely stored to PCIDSS level 1 complaint standards.(the highest form of security required by CBN). PCIDSS level 1 compliance is a set of rules stated by credit card companies.
Who can use any of these online savings and investment platforms in Nigeria?
Anyone can use any of these investment platforms. The only experience you need is operating an internet enabled device like a laptop or desktop. No prior investment experience is required.
Final thoughts on the best online savings and investment platforms in Nigeria
In the end, your search for the best online savings and investment platforms in Nigeria have been answered in this article. All the investment platforms listed in this article ensures maximum protections towards your capital.
So which investment platforms are you using to invest in and grow your funds? Do mention that in the comments section.
If you found this information on the best online savings and investment platforms in Nigeria to be useful, please don’t hesitate to hit the share button to share on your social media account so that others can read and learn.